Gradco is an established and respected family owned business who have been delivering solutions within the civil construction, mining, transport and logistics sectors for more than 60 years.
We have a significant fleet of prime movers and trailers in various configurations which ensures Gradco provides flexible and reliable solutions for our customers with an emphasis on safety, compliance & operational excellence.
We are currently seeking an Experienced Heavy Haulage Driver, responsible for providing professional and safe logistics services to transport and deliver over-dimensional and over-mass equipment to our customers in a reliable and safe manner. This permanent role is for an immediate start & is based in Launceston.
- Loading & unloading over-dimensional and over-mass equipment
- Restraining equipment in accordance with Load Restraint Regulations
- Complying with all Chain of Responsibility requirements
- Completing prestart and other operational checklists
- Complying with fatigue management and road rules and regulations
- Complying with Gradco company policies and procedures
- Carry & understand all statutory and regulatory permits
- Carrying out daily cleaning of the truck
- Attending and actively participating in routine toolbox meetings
To be considered for this role, applicants must have the following:
- A valid MC license (essential)
- Experience in operating a range of low loader trailers
- Experience transporting over-dimensional equipment
- A sound knowledge of road transport legislation including fatigue management, permit requirements and operating conditions
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Safe driving record and a high regard for safety policies & procedures
- Be reliable, punctual and self-motivated
- Have a great attitude and strong work ethic
- Be capable and confident in your capability
All successful applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening.
Gradco strives to be an employer of choice by providing a dynamic work environment founded on zero harm, continuous improvement, open & honest communication and a healthy work/life balance.
Gradco is an equal opportunity employer.
Would you like to apply now?
Download an application form
Do I need to provide any documentation to support my application form?
Yes - An application letter, CV and evidence of qualifications and experience
How to I submit my application?
- Email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 03 6339 2028
- Post to: PO Box 290, Newstead TAS 7250
When do applications close?
Applications will be considered immediately
Would you like to discuss the role in more detail?
Please call 03 6337 0200 – Sarah or Ben