Van Diemen Quarries is a family-run business that produce premium aggregates, including crushed rock, gravel, road base & sand to our clients throughout a network of quarries, strategically located throughout Tasmania.
We are currently looking for self-motivated, multi skilled operators that are mechanically minded who have previous experience working in a quarry or similar environment operating a variety of mobile and fixed crushing plant along with loaders, excavators, dump trucks.
These are full time positions based within the Launceston and Burnie region with the opportunity for overtime and weekend work according to business needs.
We offer an attractive hourly rate and the opportunity to work and grow within a friendly team environment.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in excavator, loader, dump truck operations within a quarrying environment
- Crushing plant operation and maintenance
- Familiar with quarry products and stockpiling process
- Must be flexible and willing to work across all facets of quarry activities
- White card
- Driver’s license
- Excellent work ethic combined with a faultless OH&S record
- Physically fit / flexible attitude / ability to work well in a team
- Have a genuine commitment for the upkeep of plant & your conduct as a professional operator
- The ability to work independently and unsupervised
If you are reliable, hardworking and have a passion for safety we have opportunities for you to join our team. You will contribute to a growing organisation who strive to be an employer of choice with open & honest communication and a healthy work/life balance.
We are looking to fill these roles immediately. To be considered for these exciting opportunities please follow the prompts below.
Van Diemen Quarries is an equal opportunity employer and forms part of the Gradco Group of companies.
Would you like to apply now?
Download an application form
Do I need to provide any documentation to support my application form?
Yes - An application letter, CV and evidence of qualifications and experience
How to I submit my application?
- Email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 03 6339 2028
- Post to: PO Box 290, Newstead TAS 7250
When do applications close?
Applications will be considered immediately
Would you like to discuss the role in more detail?
Please call 03 6337 0200 – Sarah or Ben