Established for more than 60 years Gradco is a leading Tasmanian company priding itself on delivering safe and superior solutions to our clients within the civil construction, mining, transport, and logistics sectors.
An exciting opportunity is now available for a highly motivated & knowledgeable Group Finance Officer to join our team on a full-time basis. This role requires a sharp, personable, and highly organised individual.
This is a key role within the Finance Team and requires a solid understanding of Accounts Payable, Asset Management and Sub-Contractor documentation management.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Accounts Payable management including the distribution, approval and entry of creditor invoices and credit notes into Attaché accounting software.
- Co-ordinate the transition to automated processing.
- Manage the purchase order application software to ensure functionality and effectiveness
- Manage the outstanding purchase order listing and prepare for month end
- Monthly creditor statement reconciliations
- Accounting software Creditor Masterfile maintenance
- Development and management of asset management system
- Testing of internal applications under construction, liaising with development consultant to resolve issues, assist with the implementation and subsequent maintenance
- Work with members of the finance team to enhance reporting through data configuration
- Manage subcontractor insurance documentation, ensuring all subcontractors have appropriate and current documentation on file
The person in this role will ideally possess the following characteristics:
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant financial administration experience in a similar role
- Strong IT knowledge and experience.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Ability to take ownership, use initiative and operate with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Impeccable attention to detail with the ability and willingness to complete both simple and complex tasks
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office suite
- A solid understanding of Attaché accounting system (desirable)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic business with a forward-thinking finance team. There are projects currently underway and new projects to commence that support continuous improvement and adoption of technology. We are looking for a candidate that has passion for data and systems and a desire to produce decision influencing reports in real time.
This is a rewarding opportunity to work with an industry leading organisation that is well established and strongly values the wellbeing of their workers and the community. You will work as part of an inclusive, supportive team where you are challenged and highly valued.
Gradco is an equal opportunity employer.
Would you like to apply now?
Download an application form
Do I need to provide any documentation to support my application form?
Yes - An application letter, CV and evidence of qualifications and experience
How to I submit my application?
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: 03 6339 2028
- Post to: PO Box 290, Newstead TAS 7250
When do applications close?
Applications close on Friday 3rd September 2021.
Would you like to discuss the role in more detail or obtain a position description?
Please call 03 6337 0200 – Sarah or Ben or email email@example.com