Gradco is a highly renowned and respected family-owned business with our head office in St Leonards, Tasmania. Our focus is on safely delivering high quality services and products to the civil construction, mining, transport and logistics sectors.
We strive to be an employer of choice, providing a dynamic working environment founded on zero harm, continuous improvement, open & honest communication, and a healthy work/life balance. We understand our team is our number one asset and offer excellent conditions and opportunities for the right people.
We are currently seeking an experienced and safety minded Heavy Vehicle Mechanic to join our team, who will become a key component in helping deliver our maintenance program to our Heavy Haulage Fleet that includes over 45 prime movers, tilt trays and over 60 trailing units.
The successful applicant will have experience working on a range of prime movers and trailers, including fault finding, diagnostics and general maintenance & repairs. Your ability to work with minimal supervision, display a positive & self-motivated attitude and be able to demonstrate sound problem-solving skills are crucial.
Hours are Monday to Friday with the opportunity for overtime when required. This role is based at our St Leonards facility and would ideally suit someone who is willing to further develop their career with us.
Essential skills & Experience:
- Trade qualified – minimum Certificate 3 (Heavy Vehicle Mechanic)
- Hold a Class C licence – HR or above would be an advantage
- Minimum 4+ years post trade experience with servicing and maintenance of trucks & trailers
- Experience on Kenworth, Volvo, Mack prime movers
- Experience on Drake low loaders & drop deck trailers
- An understanding of NHVAS/NHVR reporting and regulations - desirable
- Air-con & auto electrical experience, qualifications & diagnostic skills would be highly regarded
- Forklift licence (desirable)
- Be physically fit and able to pass a medical
- Strong problem solving & diagnosis skills
- The ability & desire to coach, mentor & assist with the training of apprentices, trades assistants etc
- Good written & oral communication
- Have a strong work ethic & high attention to detail
- Show self-motivation and a proven track record in safety
All successful applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening.
Gradco is an equal opportunity employer.
Would you like to apply now?
Download an application form
Do I need to provide any documentation to support my application form?
Yes - An application letter, CV and evidence of qualifications and experience
How to I submit my application?
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to: 03 6339 2028
- Post to: PO Box 290, Newstead TAS 7250
When do applications close?
Applications will be considered immediately
Would you like to discuss the role in more detail?
Please call 03 6337 0200 – Sarah or Ben