Gradco is a highly renowned and respected family-owned business with our head office in St Leonards, Tasmania. Our focus is on safely delivering high quality services and products to the civil construction, mining, transport and logistics sectors.
We strive to be an employer of choice, providing a dynamic working environment founded on zero harm, continuous improvement, open & honest communication, and a healthy work/life balance. We understand our team is our number one asset and offer excellent conditions and opportunities for the right people.
We are currently seeking an experienced and safety minded Light Vehicle Mechanic to join our team, who will become a key component in helping deliver our maintenance program to our Light Vehicle Fleet of over 100 diesel work utes and light trucks/buses.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of achieving results in a similar position including fault finding, diagnostics and general maintenance & repairs. Your ability to work with minimal supervision, display a positive & self-motivated attitude and be able to demonstrate sound problem-solving skills are crucial.
Hours are Monday to Friday with the opportunity for overtime when required. This permanent role is based at our St Leonards facility and would ideally suit someone who is willing to further develop their career with us.
Essential skills & Experience:
- Mechanical trade qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the repairs and maintenance of light vehicle fleets and site vehicles including diesel 4WDs, small buses etc
- Air-con & auto electrical experience, qualifications & diagnostic skills would be highly regarded
- Self-motivation and a proven track record in safety
- Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting / interpretive skills
- Physically fit for the demands of the role
- Hold a Class C licence – HR or above would be an advantage
- Forklift licence (desirable)
- The ability & desire to coach, mentor & assist with the training of apprentices, trades assistants etc
- Good written & oral communication
- Have a strong work ethic & high attention to detail
All successful applicants will be required to complete a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screening.
To apply for this role, please submit your application via the links provided. Applications will be considered immediately.
Gradco is an equal opportunity employer.
Would you like to apply now?
Download an application form
Do I need to provide any documentation to support my application form?
Yes - An application letter, CV and evidence of qualifications and experience
How to I submit my application?
- Email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 03 6339 2028
- Post to: PO Box 290, Newstead TAS 7250
When do applications close?
Applications close Tuesday 11th May 2021.
Would you like to discuss the role in more detail?
Please call 03 6337 0200 – Sarah or Ben