Van Diemen Quarries prides itself on offering a wide range of premium quarry products to our clients throughout a network of quarries, strategically located throughout Tasmania.
Due to continued growth, an exciting opportunity is now available for a highly motivated & knowledgeable Weighbridge Administrator to undertake a combination of weighbridge and office administrative duties at our Breadalbane quarry site. This full-time role requires a sharp, personable, and highly organised individual.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operation of computer-based weighbridge system;
- Undertaking the quarry’s weighbridge activities, including sales, invoicing, production, reporting & safety administration;
- Monitoring all visitors & truck drivers entering / exiting the site;
- Actively managing trucks entering / exiting the weighbridge to ensure smooth, timely and accurate transactions;
- Providing exceptional customer service to our customers, to ensure expectations are met – written, phone, face to face;
- Assuming a lead role in the promotion and compliance of our HSE policies and systems;
Skills, qualifications & requirements of candidate:
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant administration experience;
- Relevant weighbridge and quarry industry experience (desirable);
- An ability to multitask and at times work under pressure to meet operational requirements;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer literacy;
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and time management skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills with a process driven style;
- Demonstrated initiative to operate with minimal supervision;
- Current motor vehicle licence;
This is a rewarding opportunity to work with an organisation that is established and strongly values the wellbeing of their workers and the community. You will work as part of an inclusive, supportive team where you are challenged and highly valued.
Van Diemen Quarries is an equal opportunity employer and forms part of the Gradco group of companies.
Would you like to apply now?
Download an application form
Do I need to provide any documentation to support my application form?
Yes - A cover letter, CV and evidence of qualifications and experience.
How to I submit my application?
- Email to: email@example.com
- Fax to: 03 6339 2028
- Post to: PO Box 290, Newstead TAS 7250
When do applications close?
Applications will close Friday 30th April 2021
Would you like to discuss the role in more detail?
Please call 03 6337 0200 – Sarah or Ben or email firstname.lastname@example.org